At BITA Jewellery, we are passionate about introducing high quality piece that lasts a long time. However, jewellery can experience discolouration over time due to multiple factors such as exposure to skincare products, chemicals, level of perspiration or even your natural skin pH.
For this reason, it is important for you to follow our care instructions and take special care of your jewellery to maintain its original condition.
Please follow these steps below to help prolong the life of your gold plated jewellery:
- Remove your jewellery when swimming in either salt water or chlorinated water, as these chemicals can react with the metals & cause oxidisation of the gold plating
- Avoid direct contact with abrasive surfaces (eg. beach sand), cleaning agents, perfume, silver polish, hairspray as they will result in compromising the radiance of your jewellery
- Apply your perfume, makeup, hairspray or moisturiser first & allow to absorb into your skin before putting on your jewellery
- Ensure to wipe your jewellery pieces completely dry after coming into contact with moisture
- Remove your jewellery when showering or participating in extreme physical activity where you are perspiring, to ensure the longevity of the plating.
- Clean your jewellery with fresh water, when needed, & gently dry thoroughly with a soft jewellery cleaning cloth
- When not in use, store your BITA Jewellery in your jewellery box in a cool & dry environment to prevent oxidation
- Keep your jewellery away from direct sunlight, humid places and heat
- We also recommend storing your BITA Jewellery separately from other jewellery to avoid scratches & prevent from rubbing against each other
You should take care of your jewellery like you would any other wardrobe item. Clothes and shoes must be maintained, ie washed, new soles, cleaned, repaired, etc. The same goes for jewellery. To ensure long-lasting of your jewellery, please follow the above recommendations.
If you have any questions or concerns about caring for your jewellery please don't hesitate to contact us.